Our first day in southeastern Arizona started at an airport hotel in Tuscon and ended at a Bed-and-Breakfast for Birders in Patagonia.
We’re about to head out for another day of Birding so this won’t be a long blog but highlights included:
- Our first ever Roadrunner . . . ran right in front of our car. He was so quick that I wasn’t able to get a photo. No sign of coyote or Acme Anvils.
- Five types of Hummingbirds (Broad-billed, Broad-tailed, Anna, Violet-crowned and a Rufous)
- The adorable Gambel’s Quail
- The sightings and photographs of the highly sought Lucy’s Warbler
- 30 first of the year birds
- 11 lifers
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”367″ display=”pro_mosaic”]
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”368″ display=”pro_mosaic”]
Flycatchers and Kingbirds
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”369″ display=”pro_mosaic”]
and all the Rest
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”370″ display=”pro_mosaic”]Today we travel to Patagonia Lake State Park